Today I have a quick post just to show you how I upcycled a mandarin box.
I'm a kind of person who always has problems with throwing things away...
This time I decided to try to give a new life to this mandarin box – to turn it into a storage box for my craft supplies.
Here are the photos before and after:
If you are interested how I did it:
- I wanted to give an antique look to this box. So, I painted it firstly in brown color.
- When it dried, I did a second layer – in turquoise, and left it to dry for a night.
- Then I distressed a top layer with a sand block and for more contrast I added with my brash a light touch of the same brown paint that I used underneath.
- Of course, I strengthened a bottom of the box with a chipboard and an appropriate pattern paper.
- And a piece of furniture.
It was fun! And now I have an additional storage box that looks perfect on my bookshelf.
See you later,