Thursday, September 10, 2015

Steampunk photo frame

Today I have something special to share with you.



For this project I bought a simple photo frame. 
I glued some cheese cloth and mesh tape on the frame for the texture and covered it with 2 coats of black gesso

And then the fun part began! For altering I used a bunch of metal embellishments and chipboard, but also my stash that I was collecting for about one year (spare parts of tape runner, some metal stuff from shoes, clothes, pens) :) oh yes, I had a lot of fun! 
Another coat of black gesso. 
Then I sprayed it all with copper and brown colors. To put the finishing touches to my frame I used a gold wax.




And some close-ups:




 I should say altering this frame took quite a lot of time but I love how it turned out! 

 Hope you like it too ;)

Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment